This No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe is one of the best cheesecakes you’ll ever taste! Easy homemade salted caramel sauce drizzled over the top but also infused into the creamy cheesecake filling. You wont be able to stop at just one slice!
This Salted Caramel Cheesecake is the perfect mix of creamy, sweet and salty! No Bake Cheesecakes are so easy and quick to make and bonus you don’t need to worry about water baths or over baking the cheesecake like with traditional recipes. This cheesecake uses my homemade Salted Caramel Sauce which you can find the recipe for here. You can use this or if you’re after an easier alternative you can also buy store bought instead.
No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- You can find the recipe here. Its so easy to make, only requires 5 ingredients! Alternatively you can buy store bought salted caramel sauce instead.
9oz / 250g Digestive Biscuits or Grahm Crackers
- Graham Crackers and Digestive Biscuits are very similar, just use whichever you can get your hands on.
1 Stick / 113g Butter
- The butter is used to hold the biscuit base together. It will be melted so you don’t need to worry about it being at room temperature.
1⅔ Cup / 400ml Cream
- Heavy or Whipping Cream needs to be used here. Make sure it’s about 35% fat or it’s the cream you would usually used to make whipped cream.
9oz / 250g Cream Cheese
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so it can be combined easily with the other ingredients. Make sure you’re not using light or spreadable cream cheese as these will not work in a cheesecake.
⅓ Cup / 40g Powdered Sugar
- The sugar just gives a little more sweetness to the cheesecake. Powdered sugar, icing sugar and confectioners sugar are all the same ingredient just different names depending on where you live in the world.
Flaky Sea Salt for decorating
- This is optional but it really does finish of the cheesecake!
Watch the video below for step by step instructions for how to make the most delicious No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake
How to Make No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake
If you’re using Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce follow this recipe first. Make sure your caramel sauce is at room temperature before starting the cheesecake recipe.
Using a food processor or a heavy object like a rolling pin, crush the biscuits into crumbs.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or microwave and pour over the biscuit crumbs. Using a wooden spoon or spatula mix the ingredients together until combined.
Pour the biscuit base into a lined 8″ or 20cm cake pan. Using the back of a spoon press the mixture down into an even layer. Place the cheesecake base into the fridge to set while making the filling.
Pour the cream into a clean medium sized bowl and using a hand mixer or whisk whip the cream until soft peaks form. Try not to over whip here as the cream will be whipped more as it is mixed with the remaining ingredients.
In a seperate bowl add the room temperature cream cheese and sugar. Using the hand mixer or whisk mix the ingredients together until light, creamy and combined.
Measure out the Salted Caramel Sauce and pour it into the mixing bowl along with the whipped cream.
Mix the ingredients together until fully combined.
Pour the cheesecake filling onto the cheesecake base, use an offset spatula to smooth out the top. Place it into the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight to set.
When the Cheesecake has set remove it from the fridge and pour over 1/3 Cup of the Salted Caramel Sauce. Use a spatula to smooth it out over the top and sprinkle with flaky sea salt before serving.
Common Questions about this No Bake Salted Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
Can I set this with Gelatine?
Yes you can. This Cheesecake Recipe doesn’t need to be set with gelatine as long as you serve it cold. At room temperature the cheesecake will start to soften and not hold together as well.
Do I have to make it salted?
No definitely not. If you don’t like the salty sweet flavour you can alternately use caramel sauce instead. If you are following my salted caramel sauce recipe just take the salt out of the recipe.
How do I store the Cheesecake?
Keep the Cheesecake in the fridge until you are ready to serve it, this also helps it slice more cleanly. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or you can freeze slices in airtight containers, just remove them from the freezer 30 minutes before eating.
For more Cheesecake Recipes check out:
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- 9oz | 250g Digestive Biscuits or Grahm Crackers
- 1 Stick | ½ Cup | 110g Butter
- 1⅔ Cup | 400ml Heavy Whipping Cream
- 9oz | 250g Cream Cheese
- ⅓ Cup | 40g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- Flaky Sea Salt for decorating
- Crush the biscuits with a heavy object or use a food processor. Place the biscuits into a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Mix to combine.
- Press the biscuit base into an even layer in a greased and lined 8" or 20cm cake pan and place into the fridge.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form and set to the side. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and ⅓ Cup of the caramel sauce until smooth. Pour in the softly whipped cream and mix until well combine with a whisk.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the cake pan and use an offset spatula to smooth out the top. Place back in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight to set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the cake pan and pour over ⅓ Cup of the chilled salted caramel sauce and spread to the edges. Sprinkle the with flaky sea salt and place back into the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.