The most delicious No Bake Berry Cheesecake Recipe! Crispy biscuit base topped with creamy cheesecake filling with a set berry sauce on top, this dessert doesn’t require an oven so it’s quick and easy to whip up.
No Bake Berry Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
9 oz / 250g Digestives or Graham Crackers
1 stick / ½ Cup Butter
2 Cups / 500ml Heavy Whipping Cream
8 oz / 225g Cream Cheese
⅔ Cup Powdered Sugar
Zest + Juice from 1 Lemon
3 tsp Gelatine Powder (optional)
2 Tbsp Boiling Water (optional)
1 Can Berries in Syrup
3 tsp Gelatine Powder
2 Tbps Boiling Water
How to make this No Bake Berry Cheesecake Recipe
Using a food processor or a heavy based object like a rolling pin crush the digestives or graham crackers into fine crumbs.
Melt the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stovetop. Mix the crumbs and the melted butter together until evenly combined.
Pour the crumbs into a lined 8″ or 20cm springform cake pan. Using a spoon press the crumbs down into an even layer. Place the base in the fridge to set while making the filling.
In a medium sized mixing bowl whip the cream to the soft peak stage. It doesn’t need to be fully whipped yet as it will be mixed more when combining the remaining ingredients together.
In a clean bowl add the room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Mix the ingredients together until smooth. You can do this with a wire whisk or using a hand mixer.
Zest and juice 1 lemon and add both to the mixing bowl.
There are two different options when making this cheesecake. It can be set overnight in the fridge or set using gelatine. Both of these work it just depends how you want to serve your cheesecake as if you set it without gelatine it will need to be served cold. Dissolve the powdered gelatine in boiling water, pour it into the mixing bowl and combine the ingredients together.
Add the softly whipped cream to the remaining ingredients and combine everything together. Pour the cheesecake filling out onto the base and smooth out using an offset spatula. Place into the fridge while making the topping.
To make the cheesecake topping empty a can of berries in syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth and use a sieve to strain out any pips. Dissolve the gelatine in boiling water and pour it into the blended berries, mix to combine. Pour the berry topping on the cheesecake filling and place into the fridge overnight or at least 6 hours to set.
Common Questions for this No Bake Berry Cheesecake Recipe
Is there a substitute for gelatine?
Yes you can use agar agar if you would like in the cheesecake topping and leave it completely out of the cheesecake filling. If you’re leaving it out in the filling make sure to only serve your cheesecake cold as it will soften as soon as it starts to warm up to room temperature.
What kind of berries should I use?
You can use any you would like! Boysenberry is a favorite of mine but strawberry and blueberry also work really well. Canned berries in syrup is perfect for this recipe but you can use fresh berries cooked in a saucepan with some sugar if you have those on hand.
More No Bake Cheesecake Recipes
Equipment for this Recipe
- 250g / 9oz Digestives or Graham Crackers
- 1 Stick / 113g Butter
- 500ml | 2 Cups Cream
- 225g | 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 85g | ⅔ Cup Powdered Sugar
- Zest + Juice from 1 Lemon
- 3 tspGelatine Powder (optional)
- 2 Tbsp Boiling Water (optional)
- 1 Can Berries in Syrup
- 3 tsp Gelatine Powder
- 2 Tbsp Boiling Water
- Place the biscuits into a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Melt the butter and cool before pouring into the biscuit crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Pour the crumbs into a lined cake tin and use the back of a spoon to compact down. Place the cake tin into the fridge to set.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form by hand or with a hand mixer. Set to the side.
- In a medium sized bowl add the room temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat together with a whisk until smooth and lump free.
- Zest and juice the lemon and place into the bowl with the cream cheese. Mix to combine.
- Dissolve the powdered gelatine in the boiling water and add to the mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
- Add the cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold together until well combined. Pour the cheesecake filling on top of the cheesecake base and smooth. Place into the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Blend the can of berries and strain through a sieve into a medium sized bowl.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water and pour into the berries. Mix until combined.
- Pour the berry mixture on top of the cheesecake and place into the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with berries and fresh whipped cream.