These salted caramel brownies are fudgey, chewy, rich, and gooey, also the perfect mix of sweet and salty, everything you could ever ask for from a brownie.
Equipment for this Recipe
- 310g / 11oz Dark Chocolate (50% cocoa)
- 225g / 2 Sticks / 1 Cup Butter
- 400g / 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 125g / 1 Cup Flour
- ⅓ Cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- Add the butter and chocolate to a bain-marie and stir occasionally until completely melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Once the mixture has cooled whisk in each egg separately. Stir in the vanilla essence and finally add the flour, folding the batter together until fully incorporated.
- Pour the brownie batter into a lined and greased 23cm or 9inch square tin. Place dollops of the salted caramel sauce over the brownie batter and use a toothpick to swirl it together.
- Bake the brownie in a 180C|350F oven for about 35-40 minutes. Cool the brownie completely before slicing.
Make sure your caramel sauce isn't at a pourable consistency as this will just absorb into the brownie batter, keep it in the fridge.
For best results chill your brownie in the fridge for an hour before slicing, this will firm up the salted caramel sauce.