Salted Caramel brings this sweet buttercream to life. Use it to pipe onto cupcakes or to decorate your favourite cake.
- 1 Cup | 250g Butter
- 3 Cups | 375g Icing Sugar (Powdered Sugar | Confectioners Sugar)
- ⅓ Cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- Beat the room temperature butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes until it is pale in colour and almost doubled in volume.
- Add the sugar in thirds, scraping down the sides of the bowl until it is fully incorporated.
- Add the salted caramel sauce and beat for another minutes until mixed.
- If the buttercream is too thick add a few tablespoons of milk to thin it out.