These buttermilk pancakes are soft, thick, fluffy and tender, everything a good pancake should be. Whip these up for brunch this weekend pilled high with maple syrup and your favourite toppings.
Equipment for this Recipe
- 1½ Cups | 375ml Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups | 250g Flour
- 3 Tbsp | 40g Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ Cup | 55g Butter
- In a small bowl mix together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- In a larger mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients along with the ¼ cup of melted butter. Fold together until combined.
- Heat a frypan over medium low heat and add a tsp of butter.
- Pour about ½ Cup of the pancake batter into the frypan and cook for a few minutes until bubbles start to pop on the top. Flip and cook for a further few minutes until cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes pilled up with maple syrup and your favourite toppings.