This coconut chickpea curry can be whipped up in under 30 minutes, it’s packed with flavour and goodness and even like me if you aren’t vegan or vegetarian it’ll become one of your favourites.
Equipment for this Recipe
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 425g / 15oz Canned Chickpeas, drained
- Juice of a Lime
- 1 Cup Coconut Cream
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a medium sized frypan.
- Peel and dice the onion and add to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the spices and crushed garlic to the pan and cook for about 30 seconds over low heat or until very fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat until it has formed a thick paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chickpeas and coconut cream. Stir until everything is evenly combined and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add the lime juice and taste for seasoning, add more salt if needed.
- Serve with rice and flat bread.
This curry reheats and freezes perfectly.