I’m sharing with you how to make the most perfect grilled cheese sandwich you will have ever tasted, this isn’t your usual two slices of bread with a piece of cheese in the centre, we’re taking it to the next level.
Equipment for this Recipe
- ¼ Cup / 55g / ½ Stick Butter
- ¼ Cup / 30g Flour
- 1 Cup / 250ml Milk
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- Crusty Bread
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes until combined and cooked out.
- Add the milk to the saucepan in 4 stages, stirring continuously until fully combined. Turn the heat off and add the cheese in 2 stages, making sure the first lot is completely melted before adding the second.
- Cut the bread into 2 cm or ½ and inch slices. Spread a few teaspoons of mayonnaise over each slice of bread and place in a fry pan over medium heat to brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the bread has browned remove it from the pan and spread mayonnaise over the other side.
- Turn the bread slices over so the toasted side is facing upwards. Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the cheese sauce over each slice of bread and spread to the edges in an even layer. Top one slice with a few slices of mozzarella cheese and top with the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich back into the frypan over medium-low heat and cook for about 4-5 minutes each side or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted.
- Slice in half and enjoy.
Add bacon pieces or jalapeños to the cheese sauce for some extra flavour.