I’m sharing with you how to make these light and fluffy Japanese style Soufflé Pancakes that are perfect for your next brunch.
Soufflé Pancake Recipe
Japanese style Soufflé Pancakes
Recipe type: Brunch
- 2 Tbsp / 30g Butter
- ½ Cup / 125ml Milk
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ⅔ Cup / 80g Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Egg Whites
- ¼ Cup | 50g Sugar
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine together the melted butter, milk, egg yolk and vanilla. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together until fully combined.
- Add the egg whites to a stand mixer or alternatively use a hand mixer. Beat the egg whites on low to medium speed until they become frothy and opaque.
- Add the ¼ Cup of sugar very slowly to the egg whites while the machine is running. Continue to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the pancake batter gently a third at a time until you are left with a very fluffy mixture.
- Heat a frypan over low to medium heat and lightly grease it. Add ½ Cup measurements of pancake batter to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, being very careful when flipping.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with fresh fruit and maple syrup.