All you need is a few extra minutes in the morning to have a perfect dinner waiting for you when you get home. This Slow Cooker Lemon and Garlic Chicken is crazy easy to make!
If you’re busy a slow cooker is your best friend, it does all the work. You just need to throw a few things in, turn it on and you’re done.
For a full tutorial watch the video below.
- 4 Chicken Thighs, bone in skin on
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 8 Carrots
- 6 Medium sized Potatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Salt + Pepper
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Optional - Heat the oil in a fry pan over high heat. Cook the chicken thighs on both sides for 2-3 minutes until they develop a good colour. Remove the chicken from the frypan and place skin side up into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Cut the carrots in half if you are not using baby carrots and place in slow cooker.
- Quarter the potatoes and place into the slow cooker with the chicken and carrots.
- Juice the lemon into a small bowl. Crush the two garlic cloves into the bowl along with the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, carrots and potatoes and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. Serve