I’m sharing with you how to perfectly poach an egg! There are two different methods that I use, they both have their pros and cons.
How to Poach an Egg
How to Perfectly Poach an Egg
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp Vinegar
- Method #1
- Bring water to a boil in a large fry pan.
- When the water has come to the boil add in about 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar. Turn the heat down so the water is just about simmering.
- Either crack the egg into the water or crack it into a ramekin first.
- For a runny yolk the egg should take about 3 minutes. When it is cooked remove it from the water and place it on paper towels to absorb up any water.
- Method #2
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
- When the water has come to a boil add in 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Use a spoon to stir the water in the pot to create a whirlpool. Crack the egg into the middle of the whirlpool. The water will turn the egg over itself to create more of a rounded shape.
- For a runny yolk the egg should take about 3 minutes. Before serving place the egg on paper towels to absorb up any water.