These crispy oven fries are baked in the oven instead of deep fried like traditional french fries. Coated with freshly grated parmesan cheese, crushed garlic, and chopped parsley. A fancier version of your average fries.
Garlic Parmesan Oven Fries Recipe
- 4 Starchy Potatoes
- 4 Teaspoons Oil
- 4 Teaspoons Crushed Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 1 Tablespoon Flat Leaf Parsley, Chopped
- Wash the potatoes. Cut them into 1cm or ⅓rd of an inch slices. Turn the slices flat on the chopping board and cut into fries.
- Place the fries into a medium sized bowl of ice water and leave to soak for 1-2 hours to remove any excess starch.
- After 1-2 hours remove the fries from the ice water and dry on kitchen towels. Transfer the fries back into a bowl and pour over the oil and crushed garlic. Use your hands to toss the fries until they are all evenly coated.
- Place the fries into a single layer on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Place into a 220C or 425F preheated oven for around 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- While the fries are cooking grate the parmesan cheese and chop up the flat leaf parsley.
- Once the fries are cooked remove them from the oven and while still hot sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve with your favourite sauces.