These fried mac and cheese balls are crispy on the outside but filled with creamy mac and cheese on the inside. I think they’re a great way to use up leftover mac and cheese or completely worth it to make from scratch.
Equipment for this Recipe
- Mac and Cheese - Recipe on my website
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1-2 Litres Frying Oil
- Cut the mac and cheese into 5cm or 2 inch cubes. Roll the balls out, compressing the mac and cheese together.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk together with a fork. Add the breadcrumbs to a seperate shallow bowl.
- Dip each mac and cheese ball into the egg, the breadcrumbs, back to the egg and finally back to the breadcrumbs for 2 coats.
- Heat the oil to 180C / 350F. Fry the mac and cheese balls for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.