These easy fritters are bursting with crunchy sweet corn. Serve them as an appetizer or add a side salad for the perfect light meal.
Corn Fritters Recipe
Fresh fritters bursting with crunchy sweet corn
Author: Carina Stewart
- 1 Cup | 125g Flour
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup | 60ml Milk
- 3 Cups Corn (fresh, frozen, canned)
- ½ Red Pepper
- Handful of Coriander | Cilantro
- Juice of half a lime
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Chilli Powder
- Oil for frying
- ½ Cup Greek Yoghurt
- ½ Red Chilli
- Small handful of Coriander | Cilantro
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Mix together the flour, eggs, and milk in a large sized mixing bowl with a whisk until combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Use a wooden spoon to fold the fitter batter together until well combined.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Use ½ cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter and pour into the pan.
- Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes each side.
- To make the dipping sauce for the fritters thinly slice the chilli and coriander.
- Add to the yoghurt along with the lime juice.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve the fritters with the dipping sauce and a side salad.
Wednesday 10th of March 2021
Hi carina, May I know which kind of flour has been used in this recipe, is it plain flour or self raising. Thank you
Wednesday 16th of December 2020
Dear carina, I would like to know what flour has been used is it self raising or plain flour, it doesn’t say in the receipe, just flour, thanks
Thursday 16th of July 2020
Dear Carina may I know if the corn is boiled or not
Monday 20th of July 2020
Hi, no its uncooked corn 😊