This Caramilk Rocky Road is filled with all the delicious sweet treats, perfect to make as a gift or kept for yourself!
Caramilk Rocky Road is one of my favourite recipes to make with Caramilk, along with my No Bake Caramilk Cheesecake! It’s incredibly delicious and hard to stop at just one piece.
Filled with marshmallows, peanuts, twix and crunchy digestives it’ll become a favourite of yours too!
Easy Caramilk Rocky Road
Caramilk Rocky Road only takes minutes to make with simple ingredients. The fillings can be changed up depending on what you have on hand or what your preferences are.
It’s a no bake recipe so perfect for kids of all ages to get involved as there’s no cooking required!
Why this is the BEST Caramilk Rocky Road
- Simple and easy to make
- Perfect ratio of caramilk chocolate and delicious fillings
- No cooking required
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
- Perfect to make as an edible gift
What is Caramilk?
Caramilk is a chocolate made by Cadbury that is very popular in New Zealand and Australia. It’s a caramelized white chocolate that has an incredible flavour!
It was originally made in the 90’s and made a come back in 2017.
If you can’t find Caramilk chocolate you can use any other type of caramelized white chocolate or gold chocolate.
I love recipes where you can change up the ingredients depending on what you have on hand in your pantry or to your preferences!
Don’t like peanuts? How about almonds instead! Here are a few ideas.
- Nuts – This recipe calls for roasted unsalted peanuts. If you don’t like peanuts or don’t have them on hand can easily leave them out. Instead try adding almonds, macadamia nuts or pistachios.
- Twix Bars – Twix have a layer of caramel and biscuit covered in chocolate. Instead try adding cut up moro or mars bars, jersey caramels or maltesers.
- Cookies – I’ve used digestive biscuits in this recipe which are plain. Your favourite cookie or biscuit would work really well in this recipe whether thats choclate chip cookies, Tim Tams or gingernuts.
- Pretzels – Crunchy and salty, pretzels are one of my favourite additions to rocky road.
- Cranberries – As well as flavour, the colour of dried cranberries looks amazing in this caramilk rocky road.
You can also find a delicious recipe for Chocolate Rocky Road here. It’s filled with marshmallows, peanuts and turkish delight.
Tips and Tricks
- Melt the caramilk chocolate slowly. Chocolate can easily seize and split while being melted. The easiest way to avoid this is melt it slowly and gently. Use a heat proof bowl and heat for 20 second bursts in the microwave, stirring in between until fully smooth. Alternatively place the bowl of a pot of simmering water, stirring contentiously.
- Don’t add too many fillings! The recipe has the perfect ratio of chocolate to fillings so if you would like to add different fillings you need to remove others. Alternatively you can double the chocoalte and use double the amount of fillings!
- Let the Caramilk Rocky Road set fully before cutting into pieces. This will take about 2 hours in the fridge or 4 hours at room temperature. Cutting before its fully set will lead to a very sticky mess!
- Make sure to store the rocky road in an airtight container. It’ll keep in the fridge for about 3 weeks or if you don’t think you will finish it in that time, place it into the freezer for up to 3 months.
Caramilk Rocky Road Ingredients
- Cadbury Caramilk Chocolate – Caramilk is a very popular caramelized white chocolate. If Caramilk isn’t available where you live you can substitute with any other caramelized white chocolate or if you can’t find that just white chocolate.
- Marshmallows – I like to use white marshmallows for this rocky road as I prefer the look. Any kind of marshmallows can be used, just slice them to be bite sized pieces.
- Peanuts – Use roasted unsalted peanuts. Peanuts can be substituted with any other type of nut like almonds or macadamia nuts.
- Twix Bars – Twix can be subsituted for any other type of chocolate caramel candy bar like moro or mars.
- Digestive Biscuits – Digestive biscuits are very similar to graham crackers. Any type of plain biscuit or cookie can be used for this rocky road.
How to Make Caramilk Rocky Road
Line a 20cm or 8″ square baking pan and set to the side.
Slice the marshmallows in half and Twix Bars into bite sized pieces. Break up the digestive biscuits into small pieces.
Break up the Cadbury Caramilk chocolate into small pieces so it will melt easier and add to a heat proof bowl.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring in between, or over a water bath until smooth.
Add the marshmallows, Twix Bars, peanuts and digestive biscuits to the chocolate and fold together until everything is well coated in the melted chocolate.
Transfer the ingredients to the lined baking dish, smoothing out the top and pressing it into the sides.
Place into the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
Remove the set Caramilk rocky road from the square pan leave to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Use a sharp knife to cut into 5×5 to make 25 pieces.
Place the Caramilk Rocky Road into an airtight container and into the fridge for 3 weeks or the freezer for 3 months.
Can Caramilk Rocky Road be frozen?
Yes you can freeze the rocky road. Place it into an airtight container and into the freezer for up to. 3 months. Simply remove the rocky road from the freezer and let it come up to room temperature for 20 minutes before enjoying.
Can I make my own caramelized white chocolate?
I have never tried to make caramelized white chocolate but I found a recipe here. Chocolate can easily seize so I would recommend just buying caramilk or just using white chocolate.
More Delicious Recipes
- 3x 180g Blocks Cadbury Caramilk Chocolate
- 200g Marshmallows
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 3x 50g Twix Bars
- 100g Digestive Biscuits
- Line a 20cm or 8″ square baking pan and set to the side.
- Break up the Cadbury Caramilk chocolate into small pieces so it will melt easier and add to a heat proof bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring in between, or over a water bath until smooth.
- Slice the marshmallows in half and Twix Bars into bite sized pieces. Break up the digestive biscuits into small pieces.
- Add the marshmallows, Twix Bars, peanuts and digestive biscuits to the chocolate and fold together until everything is well coated in the melted Caramilk chocolate.
- Transfer the ingredients to the lined baking dish, smoothing out the top and pressing into the sides.
- Place into the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Remove the set Caramilk rocky road from the square pan leave to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 5x5 to make 25 pieces.
Place the Caramilk Rocky Road into an airtight container and into the fridge for 3 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Rocky Road works with many different fillings, here are some other ideas.
- Almonds, macadamias and pistachios
- Dried Cranberries
Tips and Tricks
- Melt the Caramilk chocolate slowly so it doesn't seize.
- Don’t add too many fillings. If you add different fillings make sure to remove the same amount of what the recipe calls for.
- Let the Caramilk Rocky Road set fully before cutting into pieces.
- Make sure to store the rocky road in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is estimated and not always correct.