I’m sharing with you how to make perfect soft and fluffy banana bread. It’s one of my go too’s when I have a few bananas that are looking a little brown sitting in my kitchen. Enjoy it fresh or it’s perfect toasted with a little butter for breakfast in the morning.
Equipment for this Recipe
- 2 Cups / 250g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3-4 Over Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup / 100g Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- ⅓ Cup / 80ml Oil
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a smaller bowl mash the bananas. You can keep them chunkier or mash them until completely smooth depending on your preferences.
- Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and oil to the bowl with the mashed bananas and mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and fold the batter together until combined.
- Pour the banana bread batter into a lined and greased loaf tin and bake in a 180C / 350F oven for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keep the banana bread in an airtight container, it will stay fresh for 2-3 days.