These 2 Ingredient Donuts take less than 10 minutes to make, they’re incredibly soft and fluffy and the most delicious dessert.
Watch the video below for a full tutorial of how to make 2 ingredient Donuts
Instant 2 Ingredient Donuts
Donuts are so delicious but would usually take hours to make from making the dough, rising, shaping and frying. These 2 ingredient donuts are almost instant! Two ingredients, less than 10 minutes and you have perfectly soft, fluffy donuts to enjoy. What could be better?
I get asked for eggless recipes so often! Usually you can substitute eggs in most baking recipes but these 2 Ingredient Donuts don’t require any eggs!
No Yeast Donuts
Bread making can be tricky if you haven’t done it before. It’s pretty easy to kill the yeast or not get a good rise if you aren’t too sure what you are doing. These donuts require no yeast so even young kids can get involved!
2 Ingredient Donut Flavors
How can you make these delicious 2 ingredient donuts better? Toppings and Fillings. Honestly the possibilities are endless but here a few of my favorites and recommendations!
- Salted Caramel Sauce – Drizzle the hot donuts with homemade or store bought salted caramel sauce.
- Cinnamon Sugar – A classic for a reason! Recipe is listed below along with the donuts.
- Creme Patisserie (Custard) – The donuts can be filled with the custard or dipped.
- Strawberries and Whipped Cream – Cut up a few fresh strawberries and dollop over freshly whipped cream for a delicious dessert.
- Chocolate Sauce – Need I say more?
- Chocolate Chips – Add about a 1/4 Cup of chocolate chips to the donut dough for delicious chocolate donuts.
2 Ingredient Donuts Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups / 190g Self Raising Flour – If you don’t have self raising flour on hand it can be substituted with 1 1/2 Cups of standard all purpose flour and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder.
1 Cup / 250ml Greek Yoghurt – Greek yoghurt can be substituted with the same amount of natural unsweetened yoghurt or 3/4 Cup of buttermilk.
Cinnamon Sugar Ingredients
1/4 Cup / 50g White Granulated Sugar
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
How to Make 2 Ingredient Donuts
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the self raising flour and greek yoghurt.
When a dough has started to form tip it out onto a floured work surface and knead for about a minute until the dough has fully come together. Sprinkle with extra flour if the dough is sticking.
Using a small spoon or your hands break off about 1 Tbsp sized pieces of the donut dough and roll between your hands to form a ball. Use extra flour if the dough is sticking.
Continue until you have used up all the dough, you should end up with about 15 donut balls. Alternatively you can use a rolling pin to roll the dough out and a cookie cutter to form bigger round donuts that can be filled in the center.
Make sure your oil is hot, if you are using a thermometer it should be about 180C / 350F. Place in half the donuts and allow them to fry for about 2-3 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown.
Remove the donuts from the oil and drain on paper towels or a wire rack. Continue with the next batch of donuts.
If you are serving the donuts with cinnamon sugar coat them while they are still warm. The donuts are best served warm, my favorite is cinnamon sugar or salted caramel sauce!
Equipment For This Recipe
Mixing Bowls – My favorite mixing bowls!
Thermometer – A thermometer makes easy work to make sure your oil is at the right temperature. If you don’t have a thermometer you can just test the oil with one donut first to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Cast Iron Dutch Oven – A cast iron dutch oven keep your oil at a constand temperature but a heavy based saucepan can be used.
Common Questions about these 2 Ingredient Donuts
Can I make these 2 Ingredient Donuts without self raising flour?
Yes! You can substitute the 1 1/2 Cups of self raising flour with 1 1/2 Cups of standard all purpose flour mixed with 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
Can I make these 2 Ingredient Donuts without frying?
I haven’t tried these without frying but you could do it. I would recommend spraying the outside of the donut in oil and using an air fryer for the best results. The donuts wont turn out as great as if you fried them but they will still be delicious!
Do you have any other 2 ingredient recipes?
I don’t currently but I’m working on a few!
- 1 1/2 Cups / 190g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup / 250ml Greek Yoghur
- Oil for Frying
- 1/4 Cup / 50g White Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Fill a heavy based pot with about 3 inches of oil and heat over medium high heat.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the self raising flour and greek yoghurt to form a dough.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about a minute until all the flour has been incorporated.
- Using a small spoon take about a tablespoons worth of dough and roll it into a ball. Continue until you have used all of the dough.
- Check your oil is hot enough by using a thermometer (180C or 350F) or fry one donut first as a test.
- Fry the donuts in batches to not over crowd the pan. They should take about 2-3 minutes to puff up and turn golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the donuts from the oil and drain on paper towels or a wire rack for about a minute.
- If you are using cinnamon sugar transfer the donuts to the bowl with the sugar and toss while they are still warm.
There are so many options for fillings and toppings of the donuts
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Ganache
- Strawberries and Whipped Cream