Tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert made with mascarpone cheese and espresso. Make a head of time and serve with a dusting of cocoa powder.
If you’re a lover of coffee this dessert is for you. If you’re not a lover of coffee just substitute hot cocoa in place of coffee! For a full tutorial for how to make Tiramisu watch the video below.
- 3 Eggs separated
- ½ Cup | 60g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup | 225g Mascarpone
- 1 Cup | 250ml Espresso
- 20-30 Lady Fingers
- Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Seprerate the eggs, adding the yolks to large mixing bowl and the whites to another.
- Add sugar to the yolks and place the bowl over a simmering pot of water.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until light, pale, and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Add the mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and whisk together until well combined.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture a third at a time until well combined.
- Dip the lady fingers in the espresso for a few seconds and place into a dish until the base is completely covered.
- Top with half of the custard and repeat with the lady fingers.
- Finally spread over the last of the custard, sprinkle with cocoa powder and place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
Use hot cocoa instead of espresso for a chocolate hit.