These roasted potatoes are perfectly crispy, crunchy and full of flavour. They’re so simple + easy and make the best side dish
Roast Potatoes Recipe
Crispy and crunchy roasted potatoes
- 6 Medium Starchy Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2-3 Sprigs of Thyme
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes in half. Fill a large saucepan with cold water and add the potatoes. Boil for 10 minutes until the outside of the potatoes become soft.
- Add the oil and butter to a baking dish and place in the oven to melt and heat.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave to dry for a few minutes. Shake the colander to rough up all edges of the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to the baking dish with the oil and butter. Season with salt, add the whole garlic cloves and thyme. Use a spoon to coat everything together.
- Roast the potatoes in a 200C|400F oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, tossing the potatoes around half way through the cook time.
Sunday 1st of May 2022
Does it really take an hour and 10 minutes to roast the potatoes? Aren’t they already partially cooked? I bake large whole potatoes and they’re done in an hour
Wednesday 4th of August 2021
Love your recipes!!!!
Tuesday 15th of December 2020
Is there a nutrient content?
The Best Mashed Potatoes Recipe (video) - Recipes by Carina
Sunday 22nd of November 2020
[…] Perfect Roast Potatoes […]
Tuesday 30th of June 2020
What potato peeler are you using?
Potatoes are wonderful!!!