A bright loaf with the best lemon flavour, made more perfect as it’s a one bowl recipe. Drizzled with a lemon glaze, it’s the perfect sweet treat.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup / 250ml Greek Yoghurt | Sour Cream | Buttermilk
- ¾ Cup / 150g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Extract
- ½ Cup / 125ml Oil
- 1½ Cups / 190g Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup / 125g Icing Sugar | Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the yoghurt and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Zest the lemon and add to the mixing bowl with the extract and oil. Mix until combined.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients.
- Use a wooden spoon to fold the batter together until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9x5 loaf tin and bake at 180C|350F for 50-55 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool before making the glaze.
- To make the glaze mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over the loaf and leave to set for an hour before serving.
The loaf will stay fresh at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For a thicker glaze only add ½ of the lemon juice.