These Fake Blood Broken Glass Cupcakes are the perfect Halloween Treat + they are so much fun to make!
Bloody Broken Glass Cupcake Recipe
The perfect Halloween Cupcakes!
Recipe type: Halloween Recipe
- 12 Frosted Cupcakes
- 1 Cup | 200g Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Water
- ½ Cup Light Corn Syrup or Glucose Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1-4 tsp Red Food Colouring
- ¼-1/2 tsp Blue Food Colouring
- Bake cupcakes and frost when cool. Set to the side.
- In a saucepan measure out the sugar and pour in the water. Place the saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir the water and sugar until it begins to boil.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes until the sugar starts to change colour or until it reaches 300F | 160C.
- Pour the melted sugar out onto a baking sheet. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to the fridge for a few hours to harden.
- In a bowl measure out the syrup and cornstarch. Mix together until combined.
- Slowly add the water, stirring in between, until you have a thick syrup.
- Add the food colouring, small amount at a time until you have a deep dark red shade.
- Adjust the consistency of the fake blood with water until it is the thickness of blood.
- When the sugar has hardened remove it from the fridge and use a knife to crack. Break into small pieces.
- Place a few shards of the sugar glass into the cupcake and spoon over the fake blood.
Wednesday 30th of October 2019
Made the cupcakes, should blog about them on Halloween, just a couple of days to go..
Disregard my previous comment, I decided to play safe and added the decorations next day right before serving.
Monday 28th of October 2019
Hello there! I realize this post is not recent, but I want to make them today, and was wondering if the decoration would hold overnight in the fridge or if I should maybe prepare the sugar sheet, save it overnight in the fridge and just place on the iced cupcakes right before serving...