Easter means chocolate and these creme egg brownies hit the spot perfectly. Fudgy chocolate brownie topped with a gooey Cadbury creme egg, what’s no to love?
Equipment for this Recipe
- 1 Cup / 2 Sticks / 225g Butter
- 10.5oz / 300g Dark Chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 1½ Cups / 300g Sugar
- 1 Cup / 125g Flour
- ¼ Cup / 25g Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 6 Cadbury Creme Eggs, halved
- Place the butter and chocolate into a heat proof bowl. Sit the bowl on top of a pot of simmering water and stir occasionally until it has completely melted, about 10 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and using a whisk whip them up until frothy and lighter in colour.
- Take the melted butter and chocolate off the pot of simmering water and add the sugar. Mix to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the eggs and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt to the bowl and mix the brownie batter together until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into a rectangle or square cake pan and smooth out the top. Add the halved Cadbury Creme Eggs.
- Place the brownie in a 180/350 oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes with only a few crumbs.
- Leave the brownie to cool completely in the pan before slicing.